Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Scones

I think everyone has their favourite scone recipes. My mum has used the same scone recipe for years and it works out perfect every time (it's not even really a recipe she knows by the look and the feel of the dough when it's perfect). 




It's taken me a while to find my perfect scone recipe, I like to eat as healthily as possible so my version contains very little sugar or fat but is high on flavour! Very thankfully Isaac enjoys my version as much as I do.

I've adapted my recipe from a vegan recipe I found on the BBC food website, one of the main differences being that I use cow's milk. I love cooking and eating vegan food but I'm not a huge fan of vegan milk substitutes, so regular milk works just fine for me.




I don't have a proper scone cutter either so I use a cute heart-shaped biscuit cutter and they turn out lovely. With a pretty cup of tea (and a manly mug for Isaac) and plenty of raspberry jam, scones are the perfect weekend treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment