Friday, July 20, 2012

What I typically eat in a day

I thought it might be interesting to do a "what I ate today" kind of post. 






 
Breakfast:
I keep it very simple, I'm one of those people who has to eat breakfast almost immediately after I get out of bed so I have to be able to get it ready in a flash. It's funny because Isaac is the exact opposite. His 1st meal of the day is usually lunch, I don't know how he does it! I do try encourage him to have even a piece of toast though.

My typical breakfast is cereal, like oatibix or porridge and honey with a glass of juice or if I want to have a lighter breakfast I'll have a hard-boiled egg with fruit and some seeds.














Lunch:
Of all my meals, lunch is my least favourite. I very very rarely eat sandwiches (veggie sandwiches are usually pretty uninspiring). However, I do like eggs for lunch, so I'll either have a 5 and a half min soft boiled egg with brown bread or a salad with egg. I have to say that I absolutely ADORE this salad, a lovely runny egg, crunchy leaves with pine nuts and sesame seeds, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, lots of cracked black pepper, sweet baby tomatoes and a bit of indulgence with a teaspoon crispy shallots. Yum!!








Dinner:
This is obviously the most varied of all my meals so I can't say I really have a typical dinner.

One of my favourites is quinoa with lots of herbs, spices and chickpeas topped with charred courgette and aubergine. A gorgeous summery dish that is light but substantial.














                   



                        I hope you found this little look into what I'd eat in a day interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment