Saturday, August 4, 2012

Beautiful Brunch

Brunch is such a great meal, more substantial than breakfast but not as filling as lunch. 
A lovely in-between!

My favourite bunch meal is a slice of homemade seeded bread, a handful of fresh rocket leaves, a delicious field mushroom roasted for 15-20 mins with thyme and garlic, a poached egg and a spoonful of peppery and rich homemade pesto.



I have to admit that my poached egg is far from perfect but it still tasted amazing. I cracked an egg into a cup lined with cling film, brought all the side together so no water or air got in and dropped it into a pot of boiling water. I know it's not the classic way of making a poached egg, but it ensures a perfect egg every time and you don't lose any of the egg white!



                                   It's a messy, gooey and mouth-wateringly delicious dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment