Friday, October 5, 2012

Banana & Peanut Butter!

I love small health food shops, every time you go in you spot new and interesting things. I was rather reserved on my last trip into my local health food shop and only bought 2 items. One of which was this delicious peanut butter, no salt, no sugar, no additives...just 1 ingredient - peanuts (I like the crunchy kind)! It wouldn't normally be something I would have in my cupboard, however we had a big bunch of bananas in the kicthen and out of the blue I got a craving for slices of banana with a small dollop of peanut butter.

Everyone knows the benefits of bananas, full of potassium, fiber, a small amount of sugar and a good source of vitamins C and B6. Another benefit of bananas is that they're a source of tryptophan, which can help in the production of serotonin and enhance your mood!! Yey!

Peanuts also have an array of health benefits, lots of fiber, vitamin C, load of polyphenols which are fantastic antioxidants and of course a great source of protein. They do contain fats, but they're the good kind, and we all need some fats in our diets. 

Together peanut butter and bananas make a delicious and healthy treat. It may not look the prettiest but it makes up for that in taste! If you've never tried it, give it a go, you'll be surprised how good it tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment