Saturday, March 30, 2013

Homemade Hot Cross Buns


I'd been eyeing up this lovely looking recipe for a while and couldn't resist trying out the recipe the other day. Again it's from Paul Hollywood's latest book and although they do take a long time to make and have a few stages to them they taste absolutely gorgeous and are well worth the effort!



Now..I do have to make a confession, in my eagerness to get these lovely buns into the oven and fill the house with the scent of cinnamon, orange and lemon, I did in fact leave a step out (quite an important one actually), so the final result wasn't perfect but they still tasted delicious. But hey, we all make baking mistakes from time to time right? I forgot the leave the buns rise for a 3rd time before piping the flour and water mixture and putting them into the oven, so the finished bun was a bit denser and tighter in texture than it should have been. A schoolgirl error you could say? Nonetheless, the flavour of them was absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to make them again.


Hope you enjoy the long weekend and eat lots of yummy hot cross buns, I know I will! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Very, very good post and recipe. Love the photography also. Funnily enough i wrote a post on Hot Cross Buns just two days before yours! However, as sad as it may make me, yours looks better!

    ReplyDelete