Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lunchtime Sushi


I love sushi but often the veggie ones you buy can be a bit boring and sadly, there isn't anywhere near by me that sells any good stuff, so making my own is really my only option. I like using brown sushi rice, it's not as sticky as the white rice but it has a lovely flavour and it's better for you. Being brown it also takes a good bit longer to cook but it's worth it in the end. I used 1/2 a cup of rice which was a perfect amount for 2 rolls.


I had some leftover tofu from dinner last night so I decided to add it in, along with matchsticks of carrot and slices of perfectly ripe avocado. Yum! (also how cute is my swan chopping board, LOVE it!) My sushi mat has vanished somehow, so it wasn't a perfect roll, but I placed the nori sheet on top of a piece of plastic wrap and used my hands to shape it. I can usually make 6 or 8 pieces of sushi from each roll, depending oh how thick I want them.


Sushi is definitely one of my favourite lunches and when you've made it fresh, it just tastes so much better. There are so many health benefits to sushi too and once you have the rice cooked it doesn't take long to put it together and tuck in! Itadakimas!



2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Don't usually do sushi but would give that a try because it looks so tasty. I love those chopsticks also hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah I love them too, very pretty :) I think you'd like my sushi, I'll make again soon and you can have a tester piece.

    ReplyDelete